A few updates ago, I mentioned that I registered for my 1-month long missionary training in Colorado springs and bought my plane ticket to fly there on May in faith that my condo would be closed by then. Well, that training is now 2 weeks from today and my condo is still not closed. The sale is still in process (with a buyer), but there are details that need to be completed by other parties that is still pending before it can be completed. Of course in these situations, there is always risk that something could fall through. Please pray that the details will be completed expeditiously and in my favor within the next 2 months.
So here is where the huge step of faith comes in. After much turmoil, prayers, and consultation with friends who I trust dearly, I have decided to move forward with my training in two weeks despite the fact that the condo hasn't sold YET. I have put my notice in at work and am moving everything out of my condo before the May 13th training. There is a lot of risk involved here, which is why I am asking for your prayers specifically for my condo sale. If it doesn't close, or the deal falls through, I will have no way to continue to pay my mortgage when I am at my training or beyond. My current employer has been incredibly understanding and supportive however, and while they will make an effort to keep me as long as I needed, there is no guarantee that I would be able to return to my normal work schedule with benefits after I return from the training.
So, why is the title of this blog what it is? On Saturday, my church had a 1 day in church women's retreat. The first person I start talking to after registering happened to be a missionary herself. I shared with her my disappointment in thinking that I was going to have to cancel the training since it was only 2 weeks away and I hadn't heard about my condo yet. This dear friend told me, "Well, Lisa, it isn't Monday yet"! She then proceeded to tell me how someone had said these same words to her on a Friday when she had no room/board or tuition money to attend college and was going to have to drop out on Monday. She shared that on Monday, God had provided for her a place to stay where her meals were included in exchange for light house keeping/cooking and her tuition was paid for. Let me tell you, I was encouraged, but I was also very confused because really, I thought there was no other option but to cancel. However, during my quiet time, I asked God to show me other options, and He did! He also kept bringing me back to 2 very distinct images of big events in the bible where God was waiting on the person to make the first step of faith before He acted. These were when Moses needed to step into the Red Sea before the waters parted, and when Peter had to get out of the boat to walk on water to Jesus. Both reminding me that a step of faith was needed by a person first before God acted. This is my act of faith, my foot is in the water, and I'm believing that God will provide. Please join me in prayer as I take this step. Please also pray that I will be able to get everything done that needs to get done by the time I step foot on
Blessings and Love,