- A year ago, even though we were together, Clever and I were still living separate lives.
- A year ago, we weren't engaged yet nor had any idea of what the next 9 months would bring.
- A year ago, I was struggling with so many fears of the unknown, the uncontrollable.
- A year ago, all the kids in the orphanage Padre Martinho were alive and healthy. Now 5 have passed.
- A year ago, I was surprised and stressed with the explosion of responsibilities I had been given.
- A year ago, we began a VERY big project for Camino de Vida, helping (FWM) Free Wheelchair Mission find the millionth wheelchair recipient. It was our biggest project AND adventure yet.....
- A year ago, I didn't know I had cancer.
- A year ago, life was different.....
The beautiful thing about a year ago, is that it was a YEAR ago! And we can all look back and reflect on all the ways God showed up and guided our steps to where we are today. Last year at this time was the beginning of a very intense year for us, personally, emotionally, and work-wise. But, each event or life experience we had has helped us grow in ways we never have imagined. PS scroll over pics for details.
- Today, Clever and I are happily married. (3 months!)
- Today, the fears that I had for the unknown/uncontrollable have all but gone away.
- Today, 5 sweet lives are living in eternity with whole bodies, and Padre Martinho has been able to receive more kids into the orphanage who need a home.
- Today, I have a partner for life who helps to share the responsibilities that have been given to us.
- Today, the documentary of that VERY BIG PROJECT for Camino de Vida and FWM has been aired on public television in a program called Visionaries. If you would like to see the amazing work of FWM and what I got to do for 3 months last year, please take the time to watch this video is VERY MOVING. PS, Clever and I both have appearances in the video. It is called "Because No One Should Have to Crawl" https://vimeo.com/239164374
- Today, I am CANCER FREE!!!!!!
- Today, WE are ready for the NEXT adventure in our life.....
Clever has jumped back in to serving in the area of wheelchair distributions. Weekly he organizes and leads a group of volunteers to deliver the wheelchairs to the homes of to those in need in Lima. Every time a wheelchair is given, so is the message of Christ given.
Clever has been on 2 trips to the northern part of Peru to help provide a mini class to volunteers how to distribute the wheelchairs and help distribute them. He plans to travel throughout the year to continue to help with this project.
Lisa is heading up a 4 day training for new volunteers from partnering churches and other organizations in Lima and in the provinces of Peru who will be distributing wheelchairs throughout Peru. Lisa and Clever and a team of volunteers will be giving the training to up to 40 people on March 20-23. Please be praying for this time to be fruitful. Our hope is to help local churches connect with their communities by being part of the distributions.
After a 5 month break, Lisa has begun to do therapy again in the community center!!! The plan is to have 2 full days of appointments available for kids who need occupational therapy while trying to find volunteers to fill the need of physical and speech/language therapy.
Clever and Lisa continue to spend a lot of time at the orphanage Padre Martinho, supporting the director in anything he needs help with. We have enjoyed spending time with the kids doing fun things like painting, cookie baking, and playing in the park before they all head back to school next week.
In November last year, Camino de Vida opened its 6th location within the city of Lima!!!! With that came a need to find volunteers and a leader to serve in the Sunday school program supporting kids with special needs for that 6th location!!! We are so happy to announce that starting in April we will begin serving there as well!!! The other great news is that Clever has officially become part of the KIDS HD service team!!! He serves in our inner city location, La Victoria. Currently there are about 25-30 kids who attend the 6 campuses and receive support from our team of volunteers serving kids with special needs. It really is amazing to see how much growth we have had in this area of the church. Many parents have come up to me or another volunteer sharing that they are so thankful for our help because they can attend the church service without worrying about their child.
As you can see, Clever and I have been able to jump right back into our roles and help where we can. We are SO thankful for your support financially and in prayers. As you know, as missionaries, we do not receive any financial support from the local church in Peru, but rely solely on the generosity of all of you to help us continue to help win lives for the Lord. Please accept our sincere gratitude for all the support as you continue to give.
As you know, prayer is powerful and so we will leave you with these prayer requests. Also FYI, please share yours with us. We do love to know what is going on with all of you and want to walk along side you in prayer for your needs.
Prayers for us:
- Full healing of Lisa to 100% post operation/ getting medicines leveled out.
- Overall health of Clever and Lisa
- Wisdom and discernment as new projects appear and how to manage them with a balance of home/work life.
- Connections with other churches/ministries to help find ways to improve and grow our KIDS HD area in the church.
Thank you everyone! We love you all and are so thankful that through your generosity,we get to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
C & L